Library: Sacred Texts
The Seven Nails of Acarya Sri Simha
Homage to absolute Gnosis, [the unity of] uncreate Clear Light and Emptiness.
This Gnosis of self-existent Awareness (svayambhu-vidya-jnana),
which encompasses all and abides in all, is open and impartial. Therefore,
nail the original immutable Ground (prakriti) by using the seven
nails of the Path of the Nonduality of Samsara and Nirvana.
Thus shall primordial Great Bliss (mahasukha) arise in the mind.
- Affix the juncture of Samsara and Nirvana with
the nail of unimpeded effulgent Gnosis.
- Affix the juncture of Observer and Observed with the nail of the
self-radiant Clear Light.
- Affix the juncture of Self and Other with the nail of innate pure
- Affix the juncture of Nihilism and Eternalism with the nail of liberation
from all Views (dristi).
- Affix the juncture of Phenomena (dharma) and Ultimate Reality
(dharmata) with the nail of absolute Awareness (vidya).
- Affix the juncture of meditative Passivity (laya) and Excitation
(auddhatya) with the nail of abandonment-of-sense-stimuli.
- Affix the juncture of Appearance (abhasa) and Emptiness
(sunyata) with the nail of primordial Dharma-embodiment
[of the Absolute].
This is the last testament of Sri Simha.